View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 12:25 PM   #18
ghfromaltonbay

Thumbs down Captain Bonehead also drives a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer
I'd like to know who is the rocket scientist that first figured out the EZ-Pass lanes should be in between exact change and human toll takers. Then - who let that stupid idea last so long. At the Hooksett tolls, you sit in long lines - with people zipping back and forth between the two outside sets of lanes - and when you finally get close, the EZ-only lanes are mostly empty. Even at the last minute then - there are still people figuring out all of a sudden that they don't have exact change and have to cross in front of ez-users to get to the inexact change lanes. Someone should make a comedy movie about what goes on there. What's wrong with the DMV that they can't figure out that there is something wrong with what they first set up.
Lakegeezer,
I feel your pain. Recently on the Everett Tpke. we wound up behind Capt. Bonehead at the Bedford Toll. There were NH plates on the car so he should be aware of EZ Pass after all these months, and he proceeded into the EZ Pass Lane and then opened his window to deposit the toll. When he saw there was no basket, he got out of the car and stood their gesturing to the attendant in the next booth to come and get his money. She waved him on and he got back in and headed north. HE DID THE EXACT SAME THING AT THE HOOKSETT TOLL after cutting in front of us again at the last minute. The Yahoo again got out of the car and tried to hand the money to the attendant in the next booth and it was obvious from what we heard that the guy didn't speak or understand English. I wonder if he got a fine for driving thru both tolls without paying within 30 minutes. Neither of the toll attendants abandoned their posts to come over and collect the money while he stood outside his car -- this happened on a Sunday afternoon with considerable traffic.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote