Thread: AM BER Alert
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 11:30 AM   #15
Charlie T

Default No Privacy invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by songkrai View Post
I never signed up for this.
How do I take my cell phone OFF this call list?
Anyone?
This is an invasion of MY privacy.

This is NOT a complaint about this service for others. If you want an alert you should be able to sign up for this. Fine for you.

This was my first. And I had a very difficult time attempting to delete this on my LG smartphone. It kept coming back over and over again. And wanted me to "Confirm" that I received it.

Even my visitor with a cell phone registered in another state - she got the same alert.

This is too much Big Brother to me.

Again, I am not against this service - if YOU want it. But this should be a customer sign up - not if you don't want it.

And this case was so stupid. The father/husband took this particular child while the mother was there. A domestic dispute. Not some kid randomly taken off the street.

Over abuse of the system.
I"m not quite sure how you consider this an invasion of YOUR privacy. An Amber Alert is designed to help a child in need and does nothing to invade your privacy.

Here is the official definition from the Amber Alert Website

The AMBER Alert™ Program is a voluntary partnership between law-enforcement agencies, broadcasters, transportation agencies, and the wireless industry, to activate an urgent bulletin in the most serious child-abduction cases.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would have a problem with being alerted to a child in distress. If it were your child that was abducted would you not want everyone possible to be alerted and to assist you and the police in finding them? Sometimes we as a civilized society need to suck it up and accept that it's not all about us as individuals, sometimes you have to work with and for the benefit of your neighbor.

Last edited by Charlie T; 07-17-2015 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Grammar
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie T For This Useful Post: