View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 07:50 AM   #2
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
The water heater in our cottage is original, the house was built in the late 50's, yes, late fifties. I know it's original because the kitchen cabinets were built around it. It is a 19 gallon 110v model, and quite frankly, I am starting to fear that it will soon give out and flood the house.
So, I am looking for a couple things. I would like to replace it with a 38 gallon 220v water heater and relocate it to my basement/crawlspace. There is about a 40" height where I would like it placed and some of the short models I can find are 30" high, so height is no problem. While I'm at it, I thought it would be a good time to replace the original copper with pex. The bathroom was redone last year, so we would need to replumb the kitchen and the lines to the washer. We would also need a new 220v circuit for the new water heater, there is plenty of room on the panel to do so.
Any recommendations as to who can do the job for a good honest reasonable rate who might be able to do the whole job and who would be reliable?
Oh, just one more thing, we are located in Meredith, off Rte 3 between Weirs and Meredith.
Plumbing and electrical are different codes and while there are a few one stop shops around, I don't know any off the top of my head.

The amount of electrical required is minimal, so I would look for a plumber first and then ask them who they would work with for the electrical. Then ask the plumber to handle the electricians billing, so they will have a vested interest in the quality of "their" subs work.

Do not allow the handyman down the street to do this project for you, unless they are licensed for both electrical and plumbing.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post: