View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 07:08 AM   #1
Happy Gourmand

Default New water heater, etc.

The water heater in our cottage is original, the house was built in the late 50's, yes, late fifties. I know it's original because the kitchen cabinets were built around it. It is a 19 gallon 110v model, and quite frankly, I am starting to fear that it will soon give out and flood the house.
So, I am looking for a couple things. I would like to replace it with a 38 gallon 220v water heater and relocate it to my basement/crawlspace. There is about a 40" height where I would like it placed and some of the short models I can find are 30" high, so height is no problem. While I'm at it, I thought it would be a good time to replace the original copper with pex. The bathroom was redone last year, so we would need to replumb the kitchen and the lines to the washer. We would also need a new 220v circuit for the new water heater, there is plenty of room on the panel to do so.
Any recommendations as to who can do the job for a good honest reasonable rate who might be able to do the whole job and who would be reliable?
Oh, just one more thing, we are located in Meredith, off Rte 3 between Weirs and Meredith.

Last edited by Happy Gourmand; 06-30-2014 at 07:10 AM. Reason: added location
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote