View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #165
trfour

Default Please turn up the heat

Although it was cold at the Lake tuesday...

WHITEFIELD, N.H. -- While cold weather was felt across the state Wednesday, the coldest place in the state was the town of Whitefield.
Temperatures dropped to 33 degrees below zero Tuesday, the coldest the town has seen since January 2004.
"It's cold," said Sue Blackwell, of Franconia. "But no, I don't mind it."
Daytime temperatures did rebound somewhat from the overnight low, but it was still too cold to let children play outside at Whitefield Elementary School.
"We kind of changed the way we bring kids in in the morning and let them out at night," Principal Ellen Turcotte said. "We make sure their coats are zipped and hats and mittens are on, and the buses pull up right to the school."
Even inside the school, teachers and students assigned to the Literacy Intervention Center used blankets, boots and scarves to keep warm from the cold coming in from the windows.
"This is a very cold spot," teacher Cate Diblasi said. "My fellow teachers and I stay warm in our blankets."
The cold weather was expected to continue Thursday, with highs in the mid-teens. But milder weather is in the forecast for the weekend.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote