View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 06:35 PM   #3
P-3 Guy

Blueberry Island is owned by a family trust ("Priscilla Lodge Blueberry Island Trust"). There has been a decades long relationship between the trust families and Three Mile Island Camp. There is currently a written agreement between the trust and the Appalachian Mountain Club that grants exclusive use of Blueberry Island to Three Mile Island campers and staff, when members of the trust's families are not using the island. Use by any other parties is considered to be trespassing.

Unfortunately, I know from many years of personal experience that despite the signs, trespassing is a frequent occurrence, and politely asking trespassers to leave the island is often met with hostile and disrespectful reactions (and sometimes, made up stories: "I know the owner and have permission," or something similar). To all those who respect the Private Property signs, thank you.

Edited to add that I believe Nicky Pizzo is new to her position, so it's no surprise that she has no knowledge of Blueberry Island or the agreement between the trust and the AMC.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to P-3 Guy For This Useful Post: