View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
Greene's Basin Girl

Default Dog Question--Please Help!

Today I was enjoying my daily walk on Black Cat Island when a rottweiler approached me. He came out of a driveway and kept walking next to me and stopping in front of me. I told him to go home, but he kept following me. I tried to bring him back down his driveway, but he kept trying to block me. There was a Massachusetts car in the driveway so I yelled loud, but no one answered. Maybe the owners had gone out for a boat ride. I was over a mile from from my home so I really didn't want the dog to follow me. As the dog was out in the miiddle of the road a car approached. I stopped the car to let them know that the loose dog in the road was not mine. They weren't familiar with the dog so I told them where I thought he lived. They lived where I was walking so they pulled into their driveway and preoccupied the dog so I could head home. I know that Moultonborough has a leash law, but that is not what bothered me. Why weren't the owners watching their dog! Also what do I do if a dog keeps following me? He kept walking in front of me which was very annoying. I have always had cats as pets, but never a dog. I enjoying seeing all the beautiful pictures of everyone's dogs on the forum so I know at least one of you can help me. If it happens again does anyone have any idea on how I get the dog to stop following me?
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote