View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 01:22 PM   #4
winni_dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
While sitting around the fire pit at a friend's place in Alton Bay, once it got dark, there were no less than 3 boats coming down the bay with no white light showing. Two of them were faster than other boats in view and passed right buy them quickly. The other one was at the approximate speed of other boats heading in as well.

In addition we noticed several whose all around light was not visible from the front (our vantage point) until we were looking more from the side.

I carry two lights in case one goes swimming or I can't find the spare bulb.

If I am any where near sundown, I have the all around light in, and my nav lights on. May not be dark, but I think it helps improve my visibility to others.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Wonder what's worse, no all-around stern light, or red/green nav lights reversed. The weekends all mash together, but I believe it was last weekend when we couldn't help but be confused seeing a green nav light on the port side of a boat coming off plane by the no wake just out from the Moultonborough town beach (in front of Quayside/Trexlers...yes, there's a no wake there!). Fortunately, we were able to give them a heads up as they scooted by...
winni_dan is offline   Reply With Quote