View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 12:12 AM   #15
Juiced06GTO

I was able to spend a good three or so hours on it tonight. Confirmed the issue with a leak down test, appears to be a valve issue, possibly a head gasket. Oil is clean and no leakage into the crank case. I expected to find a leaking exhaust riser gasket dropping water on the exhaust valve as I had read it was common on these engines in a few places, but mine were clean, no signs of rust anywhere and the gaskets where in tact. I am thankful this has always been a freshwater boat, very little corrosion and the bolts actually come loose.

Got most of the parts torn down, manifolds, risers, wiring. I need to finish pulling the accessory drives off the front of the motor so I can free the head and then get the intake off and pull the head tomorrow.

Big thanks to Four Winns for actually giving some room in the engine compartment to work in! I am 6'0 and 240lbs and can squeeze myself in there to get at everything!!

If anyone has a lead on a head for an 06 5.7 GF-I Volvo let me know! I called a few places today and haven't heard back from anyone yet. Its a standard Chevy Vortec head, center bolt valve cover. I'll try to post some pictures of the work for anyone interested.
Juiced06GTO is offline   Reply With Quote