View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 03:29 PM   #220
Biggd

Thanked 1,071 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Neither you or your family will ever be 100% "safe". Living life precludes that. Are we going to drive to the lake at 10 MPH? Get rid of our dangerous "oversized" boats? Should we shut the country down next flu season so no one can catch it? No, we are going to take precautions and enjoy our lives.

Reading these threads, anyone suggesting anything short of a full shutdown of the US, has been attacked as a greedy capitalist ogre. I have read pretty much every post on this forum regarding this topic and have noted that people are concerned with the health of the economy, not their personal checkbook.

Hind-sight is truly 20/20. We will know in a year or so if we under- or over- reacted. I know that not everyone will agree on that analysis. I regularly write and audit emergency response plans (ERPs). We can prepare and draft plans all we want, but we can't have the supplies and equipment on hand to mitigate every risk- there are too many possible eventualities.

Be careful and safe!
There is no way to avoid a financial hit from this pandemic either. The best case is to take these precations so we can get back to business as soon as possible with as few casualties as possible. But a few on here refuse to believe the numbers, or they choose to ignore them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app