View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 06:56 AM   #27
tummyman

Some on the BOS are totally convinced a mega Community Center is the way to go despite no clear majority in the town at large. And who represents the non-resident taxpayers that pay 70% of the taxes but get no say? Not some on the current BOS. It is hard to have an intelligent conversation when some are not open to investigating other ideas.

In 2019, the town produced terrific plans for a "needed" new Community Center (Phase I) without the "want" of some for a GYM or Aquatics Center. Cost then was $3.2M and today is probably close to $4M with inflation. Phase I should have been built but was not presented without a GYM. Now we have an Aquatics Center added to the quagmire.

This plan as prepared (Phase I) needs to be bid out by the BOS and put on the Warrant as a separate bond item next year. Build a new stand alone Community Center facility and lease the rest of the site to the HUB for a privately funded / privately operated GYM and Aquatics Center if the town residents financially support that "need". Run that as a business, not a taxpayer funded entity.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote