View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 06:52 AM   #11
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
Gotta agree with Think. The Sea Doo front access is an absolute game changer. I can't imagine having to contort myself to get to that storage every time I need to pull the anchors, drinks/snacks, towels, sunscreen, sweatshirt, toaster and whatnot. Put me in the club of "I'll never buy a ski without it". I don't understand why Yamaha hasn't gone that route.
I gotta think Yamaha will eventually. They're about three years behind Sea-Doo with most things.

Here's what we're talking about, for anyone following: https://youtu.be/N2KDG7x_opE

In terms of reliability, I'm not totally onboard with Tilton and rental companies using Yamaha. On Winni, there are three main jetski rental outlets (any I missed?): Wolfeboro and Weirs Beach both list Sea-Doo specifically, and Meredith Marina has pics of Sea-Doo on their site. While in Tampa last December, it was easily 60/40 in favor of Sea-Doo. In fact, one place is even called "Fly-N-High Waverunners" but uses Sea-Doo machines (see pic).

In my past research, I believe someone mentioned seeing only Yamaha in the Caribbean but (they said) that most likely is because it's what's available there (if I recall, it was the same for outboards).

In any case, I think what is used for rentals, and what makes sense to buy, is a combination of price, availability, and historical reliability.

The problem for me is I'm limited to only a few machines with direct access because it's so sweeeet!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote