View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 06:14 PM   #6
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loventhelake View Post
Prices are all over the place.
Used, you’re most likely buying someone else’s problem.
Keep in mind, a used jet ski has had the throttle pinned to the bars and beat on since day one..it’s a fun toy, who wouldn’t.

I’m a marine technician, I’ve seen new skis with low hours beat to death.

Be very careful what you buy.
I will respectfully disagree. Not everyone beats on their jet ski. Not everyone sells because there is something wrong with them.

There are good used machines out there if you take the time to look. Less than in previous years, for sure, but you can still find them.

If you are on the water in an open area you will need a secure place to tie them. A lift, ramp, mooring whips, Etc. They don't do well just tied to a dock. In most cases they don't line up well with dock posts.

I had two jet skis for years and sold one because we only seemed to use one at a time.

I have had Seadoos and Yamahas, but the last 5 were Yamahas. In my experience the Yamaha's are more dependable and mine have needed zero maintenance, other than routine service.

One reason I stick with the Yamahas is looking at the rental companies. The majority use Yamaha jet skis. Their experience should tell you something.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote