View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 10:41 AM   #12
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
You are absolutely correct, Descant. The MS4 program has actually been around since 2003 but the most recent permit issued in 2016 is much more stringent. It forces cities and towns nationwide to comply with federal Stormwater management practices, most of which are expensive and cumbersome. Another unfunded federal mandate. Many communities are behind the eight ball on this and are scrambling to get into compliance to avoid heavy fines. I can’t speak to the alleged issues with the DPW but I can say what they are proposing is likely being forced on them. Disclaimer: I am in charge of the MS4 program in the town I live in in eastern Massachusetts.
Thanks for the intel on the law. I'm not quite sure that ire should be directed at either the town or the feds. Excess stormwater pollutes our lake. Some combination of local tax and property owner dollars should be spent to stop it. I'm glad the feds are insisting that we protect our lake, and I hope they give us some $, but I think it's up to us to fix it.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote