View Single Post
Old 08-21-2021, 08:47 AM   #27
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterh View Post
The only criticism I have for some of these big houses is when they don't take into account how the landscaping and fertilizer is damaging to water quality. Some are ugly (to me) but many are beautiful and well done. The stuff about how its all trust funds and they pay no taxes is crazy talk from the jealous and bitter. I know quite a few of these folks and they worked damn hard for their money and paid more than their fair share of taxes.
So you know people who actually worked hard saved their pennies and build $10M+ summer homes they dont use very often?

Must be a unique segment of our society.

Most of the people I know with that kind of cash, sit on boards as directors running good businesses into the ground and/or have executive positions were they never did an honest days work in their life. But I suppose its possible some owners of $10M+ summer homes that they dont make much use of actually did an honest days work in their lifetime. Not many, but a few might exist. You can usually tell the ones who worked for a living, as when they get their dream house, they make use of it and enjoy it. Not have caretakers spending more time there then they do themselves.

As for jealous and bitter, maybe annoyed and confused is more correct, but as a working man who actually works way too much, I barely have time to keep up my only home let alone even coordinate with a property management group to care for a summer home I wouldnt use. So not not jealous and bitter. It actually makes little sense to me. But it keeps the economy going, so I guess its better that these folks piss their money away on something they are not using than keeping it in their mattress. :-)
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote