View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

While I agree with Tis that taking on a pet is a life long decision, there are times where giving the pets away is the right things to do. My hats go off to this couple as I believe they are honestly looking out for the dogs best interest. They realize that they have a situation where the dogs are looking for attention and they simply can't give it to them. They are putting there Baby, and their soon to be newborn on the top of the list where they should be. While some dogs learn to quickly take a back seat in these situations, others do not. I have had the fortune of having many various breeds of dogs in my life. And while I can tell you a Golden Retriever may sit back and learn to live with less attention, a Shi Tzu will certainly not. While it will be hard on both owner and dog to separate at two years old both these Yorkie are young enough to adjust to the change, and will be much happier ultimately in a house where the new owners are able to give them the social human interaction the need to survive.