View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 02:05 PM   #11
Descant

Thanked 1,518 Times in 985 Posts
Default Blueberry sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterh View Post
I did not know about blueberry sod. Looked it up and saw a few places where I could get it. I am having erosion issues and this stuff looks perfect. Is it as simple as just placing sod squares along the shoreline and letting them take root? I assume there are no rules against that?
Woody plants are highly encouraged over grassy as they are better runoff water filters. If you look up on NHLAKES or DES there are sample diagrams for the point system under Shoreland Water Quality Protection Act (SWQPA) Lots of points for big trees, not so much for grass. Blueberries don't spoil your view and they don't shed much that has to b e raked up. My blueberries are wild so I don't know much about planting sod, except like any other transplant, need regular watering until established. The vendor must have some advice. Maybe also UNH Extension. I don't do anything in terms of care and maintenance except pull up oak saplings every once in a while. Birch, maple and pine in the area don't seem to infiltrate much.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote