View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 06:32 PM   #13
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Took my daughter on an old country store tour today, and here's what we hit:

Moultonborough Country Store: awesome mix of products, including candy, home goods, toys, and clothing.

Black's in Wolfeboro: not labeled a country store, but essentially the same mix of products.

Ellacoya Country Store & Deli: despite its name, not really a country store at all. A few small gifts, stickers, etc. but otherwise just food.

Gilford Country Store: equivalent to Black's in terms of clothing but not as many toys and few home goods.

Long View Country Store: probably our favorite, this has a nice collection of food, home goods (carpets, decorations, furniture, etc.), clothing, and a neat little barn with antique/furniture extras.

We did not hit Pier 19 as the photos looked like it was just a convenience store and Alton Country Store is closed now, having moved its operation to the Tanger Outlets.

I would also add the Mills Falls stores as a "country mall" as they have a candy store, home goods, and apparel stores that, all added up, offer what the best country stores do...with a different sort of charm.

Finally, Pop's was the perfect place to stop for lunch on our rainy day tour!

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Think, you should check out Calef’s Country Store in Barrington! That place is great! They also sell the best smoked hams bar none!

https://calefs.com

Dan