View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 09:14 PM   #22
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Wandermust, if climate is a main issue for you, be aware that it's hard to get good climate data, in my opinion, because the climate is changing significantly in New England in the last 10 to 20 years or so, while reports on the average climate of a certain place are likely to go back much further and thus don't reflect current conditions. It can be more useful to google "climate change New Hampshire" than "climate New Hampshire." As someone who is active outdoors year round, I can tell you that climate change in New Hampshire has greatly impacted my lifestyle. I exercise at 5 a.m. to avoid the heat, almost never go camping in the summer, get up at 4:30 a.m. to go kayaking and get back home by 10 a.m., etc. The ski industry has been impacted by short, warmer winters. My snowshoes almost never get used as there's not enough snow. Hopefully things are not as bad here as in North Carolina, but the days of escaping from the overheated cities to "cool New England" and "bring a sweater for cool summer evenings" are over. The worst part is not just the heat, but the extreme humidity that sucks the life out of you. In my opinion, it's too late to move to central New Hampshire seeking a cooler climate. You would need to go quite a bit farther north for that, like northern Maine and into Canada.
They use 30 years worth of data.

The ''weather'' can be highly variable within that 30 years.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote