Thread: Ice in 2021 ?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 05:47 AM   #115
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Two items
1. Sound like noodles on your snow shoes could have been a benefit
2. If you were just LL instead of FLL, would the ice have let you pass safely?
Will i repeat my misguided Cheez-it adventure again, today?

I can either toss the Cheez-its out onto the ice while standing on the shore, like a Frisbee, or set a ten foot plank across this perceived thin area of ice and walk the plank. For two days prior, I tossed Cheez-its out from shore, but yesterday the ice was looking much more secure and solid so I ventured out plus its easier to just walk out and spread Cheez-its then tossing them one by one.

At the time I was trying to fix my broken snowblower flat tire what with a snow storm predicted and that green Slime tube repair worked fantastic plus the weather warmed up a lot.

From about 75-feet away, I strongly suspect my neighbor's ice eater, water circulator propeller is sending its water energy along his breakwater and then my shoreline, thinning the ice out front my lot. ....... ha-ha-ha ...... .... Crashing through the ice like that is a good life time lesson to NEVER trust the ice too much plus I was able to quickly change out of my soaking wet shoes, socks, pants, and long underwear.

Cheez-it ...... hello, is this Perry Mason? ...... wells I tell ya Mr Mason ..... just Cheez-it golly gee willikers ..... just Cheez-it! .....

To toss, or not to toss a Cheez-it ...... this is the case of the 'Tossed Cheez-it' ..... and that is the case! ......

I just wish the local bald eagles were not so stand off-ish .... unlike the crows and ducks. Those eagles are very weary and maybe do not trust the Cheez-its? Ya know ...... just one salty bite ..... and the eagle would probably be hooked on Cheez-its, too. ....

Cheez-it originals in the giant Super Bowl party box work the best!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-16-2021 at 06:42 AM.