View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 08:33 PM   #30
ApS

Arrow Almost Stress-Free...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Hi Folks,

I'm off on my trip to Hilton Head SC, and wanted more recent updates from anyone.

I know the route previously described taking I81 is more scenic and probably less stressful, but adds another 2+ hours to the trip, at least to my first overnight stop in Richmond VA. Wife doesn't travel well, so first day, I have to limit trip to 8-9 hours.

That said, I'm going to take I84W across the Tapanzee bridge, pickup the Garden State Parkway, then 95S thru Philly, Baltimore, and DC.

I'll be leaving Gilford Monday 6/15, around 5:00AM, so would like any recent updates about Construction, delays, etc.along the route I've described.
Southbound, it's an easy first day to drive to Wilkes--Barre for an overnight.

I-81 is a peaceful drive to a second stop, Columbia, SC. (But not sure how that gets you to Hilton Head, SC).

Having taken that route NB last week, I can say that traffic was light/moderate, with the only holdup being for rubber-neckers at a traffic stop. This even includes I-84!

Scranton is still "under construction" (for the last 20 years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
It’s now 6pm and protesters have shut down 84 E&W in Hartford. So much for traffic free. Basically, if this goes on for a couple hours the State will be totally shut down at its borders.
But it was a "peaceful" protest--right?
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post: