View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 01:33 PM   #18
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebix View Post
For most of the 17 years I lived in Richmond, VA and traveled back to the Boston area to visit family, I preferred the Eastern Shore route to avoid Baltimore city and the DC Beltway. After the Delaware Memorial Bridge, I take the exit to Rt 13 (the Eastern Shore highway) toward New Castle, DE. Well into the Eastern Shore I pick up Rt 301 and follow it through Annapolis, MD (it is also Rt 50 there), onto Rt 207 in Bowling Green,VA to I95 just north of Richmond. It may be longer/slower than the I95 all interstate, but it is a pleasant country drive with a lot less stress and fast speeding traffic and trucks. It is mostly 4 lane divided highway, but with some short stretches in small towns by the shopping centers and some traffic lights. Much lower blood pressure than the Beltway!
Yes, I agree that this is a wonderful little secret that not many people know about. It’s been a while since I was there, but don’t you take the exit toward Middletown, south, and pick up 301 as it crosses the border into Maryland there? You would not have to go into New Castle and I’m assuming down route 9?
Susie Cougar is online now   Reply With Quote