Thread: Golden breeder
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 11:26 AM   #21
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 for Boating View Post

We are thinking of getting another one (to have 2) – how is that and what is the age gap that you have? Both male or female or mix?

I hope everyone’s golden lives to very old age – such a wonderful dog.
Who cannot smile just looking at that face?
With My Boarder Collies both are males, and they are about 18 months apart. Interesting part in my case is that they are genetically brothers, It just so happened the the breeder bread the same to dogs because of the success of the first litter.

Interestingly enough the younger one learned a lot from his older brother. So things like sit and shake came relatively quick. Potty training was another aspect that was greatly reduced as the younger one, followed the example.

With that said they have two different personalities. So we have to pay attention to that, but once you get used to it you don't think much about it.

The best part is that they are like best friends... and actually get a little depressed when we do things with them individually. The keep each other entertained for the most part, so in some respects, we don't have to interact with them quite as much to tire them out.

Although my wife says no, two dogs never again.... I think the likely hood that we will do it again is pretty high...