View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 08:40 AM   #17
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
The traffic in the greater Concord area while I-93 north was closed yesterday was insane. I really hope this helps start a discussion at NH DOT on how to handle this type of event in the future. They need a real traffic plan, because whatever they were doing yesterday did not work.
Chip what are you talking about....

Anytime something major like this happens of course traffic is going to be a mess as they take people off the high and divert them around. Bottom line the streets, and stop lights where not set for the extra traffic that had to be unloaded on them... I know someone who went through the area while this was going on, and they said given the situation, it was all very well marked and seems to flow as best as could be expected.

This was a freak occurrence, and I think they DOT did an excellent job getting it corrected as quickly as they did..... Of course if people complain I am sure the DOT will be more then happy not to expend this much effort in the future, and instead come up with detailed plans of how to handle these situation, that will incorporate spending time finding the best most convenient detour route first, and then worrying about the problem....

To do what was done in the time frame it was done in, is nothing short of extraordinary... My hats are off to NH DOT!!!!!!