View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 08:29 AM   #16
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

I arrived up here just as the stormed rolled in last night, I stayed down by the LI Bridge for a little bit, and watch the waves come in... The boats where really rocking... Of course while all this is going on, what do I see but a boat headed out into the broads!!!!!!! I hope they made it alright where ever they where going.....

With that said, and reading on of the posts in this thread. Once the lightening hits it is time to get to a dock, any dock, don't screw around. Most people that I know on the lake, aren't going to be to upset if they have a space open on their dock, if someone comes and ties up to wait out a intense storm.

And before you go and say, well that is easy to say.... I have been caught out in a couple of storms. I have pulled into strangers docks, even got to have Hot Chocolate and Donuts with a nice older couple during one of the events..... Like wise I would not turn anyone away during a storm....