View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 10:53 AM   #1
bostonjd

Default Jetskis and 150 ft rule

I am a jetski owner and love riding it, so this is not from a general dislike of PWCs, but the number of times a week I am encroached by a PWC has increased exponentially over the past 3 years. As an example, driving north in my boat from Wolfeboro along Wolfeboro neck yesterday, and I am just to the left of the red buoys, giving myself about 160 feet from docks along the neck. Boats coming in to Wolfeboro are all closer to Parker Island, giving us at least 200 feet of room. A jetski turns in towards shore and then turns again and begins coming straight at me. When he gets about 200 feet away I slow to headway speed and he proceeds to pass me at about 30 mph no more than 10 feet from my boat. This has become closer to a daily occurrence than a monthly occurrence. In this case the driver looked to be about 65 years old, but I see it with drivers of all ages. Is this just an unusual streak of luck that this is happening to me or are others frequently seeing 150 foot rule violated by PWCs in situations where the PWC driver could have easily remained outside this distance?
bostonjd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bostonjd For This Useful Post: