View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #268
bigdog

Default Covit update traveling down the NE I95 corridor

Just returned from 12 day trip to Hilton Head Island, and noticed the following when traveling North through the States.....

S Caroline
Has shown an uptick in Covit cases, however, restaurants have inside seating, beaches are open, and of course, everyone is playing golf ! Lot's of folks are out and about, even went to a HUGE Tanger Outlet while there with tons of people shopping, you’d think it was Christmas ! Most folks are wearing masks. What is amusing, you see them wearing masks while driving !
Seriously ???

N Carolina
Most folks still wearing masks, and was told by total strangers, when out and about to wear one ! Those folks were senior citizens, of which I am a member.

Virginia-Maryland
Folks still wearing masks, per Governors order.
Some places I went, they wouldn't let you inside w/o wearing a mask.
Those folks are still in modified ‘lock down’, some restaurants open with seating, some only take-out, Hotels are not serving any food, only bagged food by hotels, swimming pools closed.
The way they described it to me is their Gov. is slowly relaxing restrictions.

NY and Conn the worse… no surprise there !!!!!
Restaurants, only take-out food, even then, when I did, someone would come to the door, take your money, then shove your bagged order at you, then immediately close the door. Gov. Coumo has those folks locked-down tight and from what folks there have told me, he’s going to keep it that way indefinitely !

Glad to be home again, I guess we have it pretty better than most States !

Last edited by bigdog; 06-26-2020 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo