View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 08:05 AM   #124
twoplustwo

Unhappy I'd rather travel

Is there open area on Route 3 past the intersection with 25? Will look as I am just curious. It is already a commercial area. Also along that road to the transfer station in Moultonborough, there is quite a bit of land that might do well with some of that exit 23 commercial business.

109 in the boro? Bite your tongue. For practical reasons, no, they'd never make it through the winter and the 109/25 intersection is already a train wreck. For purely selfish reasons, I'd rather head to North Conway or Tilton for anything I can't buy local than take a gorgeous road like that and wreck it. I'm trying to imagine driving 109 to the Sandwich Fair and instead of seeing those crazy wild turkeys and the gorgeous views, seeing paved parking lots and big box ugliness. No thanks.

Had our town fathers any inkling into future economies, they would have crafted a Main Street environment off of 25 in the boro - a place where people could park and walk from shop to shop of local stuff much like you can in Meredith or Wolfeboro.
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote