View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 08:58 AM   #6
66WINN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Once again here we go....

1. Sure to some degree larger boats do produce large wakes but that is a rather dubious statement. So let's not be Clintonish about this and claim ignorance instead there is a DIRECT correlation between HOW a boat is operated and how much wake it puts out. Didn't we just have a discussion about "wake board" boats creating huge ones... well gee no kidding they are designed to be altered (bring onboard extra weight) combined with driving at just the right speed to create the perfect surfing wave. It has NOTHING to do with the size of the boat in that case and EVERTHING about how the boat is driven. I can easily kick up a 4 foot roller with my 19 foot bow rider so I guess my boat is to big too huh? Sorry we all don't want to canoe from Wolfeboro to Meredith!

2. So along your line of thinking however I propose if your idea was ever instituted we should by 20 fold increase the registration on the Mt Washington after all that sucker is HUGE and I mean that think leaves a tsuami behind it according to your logic. But lets not stop there, lets be sure to whack the mail boats surely the US Mail service can afford it (oh wait that's tax payer funded so of course they can - APS please be the first to stand in line to pay for your "fair share" of that one), and the YMCA boats, surely they can just jack up the already steep cost of attending summer camps. To hell with the parents of the kids that attend, many who can barely afford it and BTW many are inner city kids who without those camps would never have a chance to experience it. And finally the MP fleet and US BOAT tow boat they all need to get hammered too. Finally thanks for thinking of the small business guys like all the construction barges that are on the lake, I'm sure that won't hurt their bottom line either.

3. Then what to do with all this windfall of money? As is typical stick it in the general fund and spend it on something like studying the mating habits of butterflies. I love the liberal concept of fees like this... pat each other on the back for "doing something" but in reality it's a shake down for cash and the problem, well it's never solved.

Please any more brilliant ideas?

BTW APS looking at the pics of your dock, shame on you that is an awful lot of decking over the water, for somebody so concerned about the lake you certainly could do your part and rip that out and put in something that would meet today's standards. Don't forget to pay all those permitting fees too

So the ultimate solution then is use eminent domain to seize every piece of waterfront property close all boat ramps, put a big glass bubble over the entire lake and let everyone enjoy it from a distance and call it a federal wilderness area.
Don't give POTUS any ideas. Look what he did to Maine and Hawaii againt the local wishes
66WINN is offline   Reply With Quote