View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 03:57 AM   #11
fatlazyless

Thanks for the detailed reply. It's one heck of an effort to do a diy 4-wheel tire rotation using floor jacks as opposed to going to a car service with a lift. Do believe I'll go take it to Walmart or Valvoline or Meineke or VIP, and avoid the diy safety issue with tire rotation. Having a lift is a game changer.

While tire rotation is way too much effort and possible danger for me, doing an oil and filter change is much easier and can be done on a Crosstrek without raising the car up off the ground. All that's needed is small flashlight, gloves, a 17mm socket, an oil drain pan, a funnel and paper towels, and the drain plug is located very close to the front bumper, under the engine. The filter is located up above, next to the battery.

Walmart charges ten dollars for a 4-way tire rotation, and all the others probably charge twenty dollars or so(?). Walmart has a very large detailed services PRICE LIST on the wall at the Plymouth-Walmart TLC.

Thanks again for the detailed procedure. It's an interesting read.

About 15-years ago I had a Geo Tracker slide/fall off an el cheapo floor jack onto my dirt driveway. It fell down very fast, like in one split second, while I was off to the side, out of harm's way.

Wobbly, el cheapo, small floor jacks and a somewhat uneven dirt/gravel driveway all add up to make it not worth the risk for do-it-myself tire rotation when the Plymouth or Tilton Walmart will do it for ten dollars, except right now is a very busy time at the Walmart .... www.walmart.com/cp/auto-services/1087266 ..... with people switching from summer to winter tires.

......hopefully, all the Walmart TLC workers will be having a good day on your day ...... when you take your car to the Walmart Tire Lube Center .....https://toofab.com/2021/09/03/woman-...exploding-car/ ..... Sept-2021, Jeep, oil fill plug m.i.a. ..... oh well! ... ... and would my Allstate car insurance cover a similar explosion/fire supposedly caused by a missing oil fill plug and resulting oil spill?

Hey there ...... that GoFundMe .... down at the bottom of this exploding car story from Arizona has so far raised $7927 for single mom, Nikki Smith .... so's who will stick a crowbar into their wallet and pry out a small donation for her? You know what they say ...... the richer you get ..... the tighter you get! ....

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-25-2021 at 11:18 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote