Thread: Doris E
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2023, 09:28 AM   #14
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dykg View Post
The Doris E. should be repaired/refurbished and return to service. It is a staple of Weirs Beach. It goes along with the Sophie C.
Save the Doris E.!
While it would be nice to never see things changes.... The Doris E. has had a long life. And with some look if they do indeed sell here, she will go on to live another life somewhere else.

Mt. Washington Cruise is a company..... the need to be profitable.... They had 3 old boats, the Mt. Washington isn't going anywhere, but there are significant costs to keeping here going. The Sophie C. had to go through an extensive overhaul, to get her back on the water, A cost I am sure that wasn't necessarily easily budgeted for. I would believe they took a long hard look at the Doris E. and what it would take to refurbish her hull, along with other needed updates. If the Spirt of Winnipesaukee hadn't come along, and then the Winni-Belle, it might have been worth it to the company to make the repairs. But at this point it is a different story....

Change happens...