View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 09:43 AM   #17
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post

If a reasonable launch fee were set up ($15/$20 seems to be common, maybe a little less since this is public and also subsidized by registration fees), the work to fix up the launch and maintain it would be paid for over time. As I previously mentioned, for frequent users, you could set up a yearly fee ($150? bulk rate) and pass card system.

Yeah, you would have to pay a high school kid to monitor access and collect money but you could do that June to September and spot check for compliance outside that time. They could also police the grounds, empty trash, and look for problems.

Money collected at the site should be earmarked for use AT the site, not disappeared into the system.

Just a thought.
Agreed. They could even use a pay and display machine or a parking fee lock box like the Downings used, during the week to save on labor costs.

I would love to see F&G officers writing tickets for power loading there, BUT, then we'd need laws to define power loading and to designate power-loading-prohibited areas and such and that's a road I'd rather not go down... Would probably be cheaper in the long run just to improve the ramp so that power loading does no harm to it.

Let's face it, power loading is much faster. Another issue is that many people don't realize that the signs that say "no power loading" there only prohibit the use of power in place of the winch. You can drive the boat on to the trailer at idle speed, shut off the engine, then winch the boat up the last few feet of trailer without doing any harm to the ramp. The Downings allowed that when they owned the ramp.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote