Thread: Golden breeder
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 01:24 PM   #24
ishoot308

Thanked 4,940 Times in 1,916 Posts
Default Dogs and Cancer

In my opinion one of the biggest reasons for cancer in dogs or cats is VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds). Basically the gassing off of materials such as flooring, carpeting, furniture, including dog beds! These are the areas where our pets live their lives.

They lie on that hardwood floor that was made in China and manufactured with Formaldehyde and other nasty finishing and adhesive compounds or that carpeting that has so many carcinogens in the manufacturing process that takes months and months to gas off. Even that nice new dog bed you bought for Rover, the filler material and covering is gassing off for a very long time and is not healthy at all to breath.

It has only recently been addressed in the commercial construction industry as all material supplied must now be low VOC compliant. There is no spec for residential building that I am aware of. Again, in my opinion the true magnitude of this issue is being hidden from the public.

Remember the Lumber Liquidators scandal?? If not google it.

One thing you can do to help your pet is ensure the bed he / she sleeps in is made with organic fillers and wash the covering thoroughly before letting them sleep on it.

Here’s an informative read on flooring. https://easiklip.com/blogs/diy-hardw...tors%20Scandal

Just my rambling thoughts on the issue.

Edited to add my last yellow lab died of cancer....

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 04-02-2020 at 05:03 PM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post: