Thread: Golden breeder
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #22
MeredithMan

Default I'd have 3 if my wife would let me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 for Boating View Post
We are thinking of getting another one (to have 2) – how is that and what is the age gap that you have? Both male or female or mix?

I hope everyone’s golden lives to very old age – such a wonderful dog.
Who cannot smile just looking at that face?
We really love having the two goldens, one boy and one girl. The girl is 8 and the boy will be 7 in July. We had the girl for about 3 months before we brought the boy home. For a month or so, she looked at us with disgust..."ah, when is he leaving? You are MY humans.." Within a short time, they became--and still are--inseparable. One never lets the other out of his or her sight and they routinely lay down such that they are in contact with each other. It is also interesting that for the same breed, they have distinct personalities. The girl is like Sandy from "Grease"...sweet, innocent...you can picture her in a poodle skirt, cardigan, and bow in her hair. The boy is like Gronk...big, strong, very good looking, and a party animal. The main consideration for having two is that there will be a lot of fur tumbleweeds floating around, especially in shedding season. Brushing them regularly helps, but they still shed. Golden fur does vacuum up easily, however, as opposed to a short-haired dog's fur which sticks to everything.

Lastly, 8gv is spot on. CAVES is amazing. Cannot say enough good things about that place and Dr. Diamond, their surgeon, is top notch and a great person in general.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote