View Single Post
Old 11-01-2023, 10:48 AM   #43
John Mercier

I remember Jeanne discussing it on our PublicTV channel. She sits on the WRBP advisory board for Belmont.

Something about the need for more money to cover delayed maintenance and the system seeing development pressure needing a future expansion.

Even when they pump my septic, I think the waste gets transported to Franklin to be processed.

The State could mandate a pumping threshold... it is usually a three to five year period depending on the condition found each time it is pumped.

But I find it hard to believe that they have large amounts of septic leaching without E.coli being detected. Fecal contamination is usually one of the primary signs of a septic system failure.

I think the amount of, and rather heavy, rainfall events are transporting nutrients into the lake bodies, and a mixture of natural and man-made factors are stirring the sediment releasing it.

In the winter, even natural upwelling would be a factor.

I doubt the State Legislature will take any action... or at least any significant action. But spending more on education is also doubtful to make any significant inroad to the situation.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post: