Thread: Geese !!
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #8
Phantom

Well ........ I see I have hit on a topic that we can all (mostly) agree upon!

The dog solution (a very effective solution) is out of the question ..... had one a few years back,.... at this stage in our life however it is synonmous to having another child in the house (with all of the impromtu travel restrictions that go along with being a parent) ...... "been there/done that/have the T-shirt". With four grown children now out of the house - the Grandkids satisfy that piece of our life ----(affectionately) Love 'em & Leave 'em!!

............ What I question with both the paint ball gun and roman candle approach, which I would thoroughly < devious grin > enjoy applying. As it stands now, whenever we are able to catch them on the property they are met with a pelting of small stones (routinely kept in a bucket on our deck). Two issues exist with this -- (1) sometimes they are down right defiant and simply "shake it off" (2) They are "dumb suckers" cause they ALWAYS come back. The latter issue concerns me about applying the aforesaid anti-goose treatment to the yard.

VitaBene -- Pigeons are oversized "Rats with wings" -- These suckers are Filthy Floating Turkey's with an "Ex-Lax" diet! ................ but I get your point!

Last edited by Phantom; 06-04-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote