View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 08:11 AM   #5
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

As Island lover states this is a hard law to enforce. And myself I did a lot of looking into last year, as I am in the process of trying to improve the health of the trees on my lot. Now a survey was mentioned by buy another poster here, and I have heard many people mention this in the past. If I was building a new house on the property I would probably have this done. However I was never able to find anything that said you had to do it. Now there are a few legal eagles on the Forum, and if it is a law to have a survey done before taking down a single tree I am sure they will post it. My advice would be that if you only looking at a tree or two, and especially if you are hiring a contractor to come take them down, I wouldn't worry about it. The contractor should warn you if you are going to far.

This law in my mind is really meant to keep people form clear cutting lots, and from taking all the shoreline trees down which prevent errosion. which come to think of it in another post here something was mentioned about clearing all the water front trees... This is false.... that would be a no no....