View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 07:30 AM   #41
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
On #2-- it is really tough for me to see the attraction of this spot for either a vacationer or full timer.

Of course, it was also tough to foresee what would happen to waterfront prices over the past couple of years...
Because of the limited and expensive supply of waterfront properties this project could fill a gap. If people can get boat storage at one of the three marinas in the area then restaurants, the public beach, and their boat are all within a 5 minute walk.

It is not where I would want to be but there will be a market for them. The views should be spectacular and for non boaters and retired people that may be enough to get them to buy.

I would suspect that the majority will be used by seasonal or weekend people and that may have been seen as in the city's best interest. I think housing that does not add to the cost of services like the schools are generally viewed favorably. Constructing this project will result in the large vacant lot having a significant bump in tax revenue to the city.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: