View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 01:20 PM   #20
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Your car might be assembled here AG but a lot it was manufactured in other countries. Almost anything you own has the hand of Mexico or Asia on it. It's a fact of life when labor costs are at 2 ends of the scale. You might want to start with the computer your posting on.

What the liberal corporation bashers should understand about these companies they hate on is that if they did not outsource to cheaper labor markets they would quickly become has beens and bankrupt, taking all of the jobs they do supply now with them while the foreign companies get stronger still. Its a global world we live in now folks. Am I happy about that, certainly not.
Yup. I know it. My computer is an Apple but I know the components are from overseas - little to no USA Made products in that baby. My Chrysler minivan (it's a SWB model) was made mostly in St. Louis, MO but of course who knows where exactly the parts came from to the manufacturing facility.

Like I said, I get it. I really do. They have to make a profit - it's no sin.

Go back and read my post - I'm not "hating" on anyone or bashing them. I think one poster said something negative about the company and a couple others about the product. But it's the way things are allowed by our government - made possible via NAFTA - that I find upsetting... If you ever lived in a mill town and watched the mills close and move overseas, maybe you understand where I'm coming from... it's just the reality of it all... I had not idea one little doll company in Meredith, NH had also done the same...
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote