View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #16
Argie's Wife

Default Sorry but you bet wrong....

I do buy American and I do check tags, including where my car was manufactured. It is a big deal to me. I do support local business on every level of society I'm involved with; public or private.

I grew up with Annalee dolls and remember touring the facility when I was a kid. No matter how upset you get or put out with those of us who don't like to see it, I can't help but say I hate seeing manufacturing jobs going overseas. I've seen it in my home state, Maine, with so many businesses; from Bass shoes to L.L. Bean products, to .... you get the idea. It just seems to hit closer to home that industry has moved elsewhere when it was a part of your childhood. I was, quite frankly, shocked to learn that this isn't the NH institution it used to be... sad. I wasn't aware it had changed.

I get "why" businesses do it; they have to make a profit - that's business.

It doesn't mean I like it. Times have changed and we need jobs over here now. Have you considering bringing the work back home?

Thanks for the explanation, I guess, but one poster said something about greed; you should take your issue up with him and not the whole thread.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Argie's Wife For This Useful Post: