View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 12:37 AM   #14
trfour

Default About The Ice Cream....

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
My wife and I were both off today, and climbed into the boat at about 930. We left Alton Bay to go to Merideth, by way of a trip around Bear Is.. The lake was like glass! Not a lot of boat traffic, until we got to the no wake zone at the north end of Bear. A fair amount of traffic past Eagle Is, and then a pleasant cruise down to Merideth. Docked the boat, went into the shoppes at the mill falls, then to the Lady of the Lake shop (phew, wife didn't buy anything ), and then over to Town docks for lunch.
Had corn fritters for apps (really good), wife a chicken caesar wrap and I had a biker burger (double bacon cheeseburger) with both hers and mine upgraded to onion rings rather than fries. Great lunch, just beat the crowd, and we walked the boardwalk from Church Landing back to the docks.
Headed down to Paugus Bay with the thought of ice cream at you know who's, but by the time we got there, we were still stuffed and decided to keep on boating. Interestingly, going into PB, my tach said 720 and my GPS said 4.7 MPH SOG. There were almost mini rapids from the start of the narrow portion of the channel to past the bridge, which I had never seen. Coming back out, it was 940 on the tach, no wake, and between 3.6 and 3.9 MPH. Still some current there!

So we were off past Eagle again, past the Witches on the Timber Is side, with the lake having a little chop with the wind coming off our right, which was probably S or SW. We went to our favorite spot to anchor and swim, and I'd tell you where, but then I would have to kill ya. Ask my wife, she'd say the same thing.

After hanging out floating on the noodles, we headed back into Alton with a stop at the docks for ice cream at Shibley's, then back to Parker's to end the day. Back at the dock by 345, boat all buttoned up, and home by 415 with a stop at both Post Offices.

Great day, very relaxing, and right now, I am falling aslee p while I tr y to f i ni sh this pos t.
To one of the best writers out here, Hi Up!
About thinking of Ice Cream at Paugus Bay, were you thinking of Liliuokalani's?
Anyway, all the way from Texas, I enjoy your stories and great sense of humor.

Ps, I think Yang is good for Golf, but I also think that there will be a Tiger in the future!

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote