View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 07:12 AM   #43
Mr. Moyer

Default pretty cool thread

I will say, that I'm not that into celebrities. I've had an opportunity to hang with a number of them over the years and in my opinion, most are insecure, high maintnance idiots (Drew Berrymore comes to mind as a specific example). So I would just assume hang with my genuine friends and family. My opinion aside, Americans are infatuated with celebrity staus (even faux celebs, such as reality stars) So I also get a lot of questions on who goes to Winnie for summer vacations and I have a place in Vegas, so there is always the question of who did you run into out there, upon my arrival back to NH. It is a nice conversation starter with those who you know would be interested and it also seems to make people smile to know they are vacationing where the celebs hang.
To add to the list, I had drinks with Adam Sandler (NH Native) and Kevin James (King of Queens, Chuck and Larry) while at the Mandalay Bay last winter and they have both been to the lake over the past few summers. Sandler bought his sister a place on Governers and he visits quite frequently. You also might see him at the DeAngelo's or Papa Gino's. He loves them and you can't go to either outside of NE. Ran into him at Mass Gen (he was visiting burn victims from NH, he's a really good guy) and he said he is looking forward to coming up again this summer.
Mr. Moyer is offline   Reply With Quote