View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 04:16 AM   #6
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
It's said to say, but I think Covid=19 has caused far more casualties in the Restaurant industry than one would have thought back in April 2020.

The failure of Restaurants has really been intensified over the last few months, and it is a worldwide issue.

One has to feel especially bad for those Restaurant "to be" owners who had scouted out locations and signed new leases sometime within six months prior to the outbreak. These anticipated new Restaurants don't even stand chance (with rare exceptions).

Let's hope 2021 and 2022 look far more positive........
I think in many respects, we were lucky with Covid timing. Coming in the late winter, people were able to get outside and occupy themselves rather than sit around indoors. I believe infection numbers and deaths would have been much higher if this happened in early fall/winter.

Because of that timing, many restaurants were able to make it through that wouldn't have otherwise. I think we'll see more restaurants closing as the winter approaches and it's just no longer possible to sustain with reduced numbers and no outdoor options.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: