View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 03:53 AM   #29
hemlock

Default Trespassing

Tieing off to docks and using property for camping on Rattlesnake sound like trespassing. If this is happening it should be reported to the Alton PD with bow numbers etc. I assume that Poor Richards family member has seen this activity.
Usually it takes 2 for a confrontation. Its usually better to avoid those. A good way to do that would be just to contact the Alton PD. If people are camping there and leaving their boats at private docks there would be time for them to get out there.

With regards to the Ragged Island no rafting zone petition, respectfully I would disagree that it is the same thing. No allegations of illegal camping or trespassing have been made. Ragged Island is open to the public per the LRCT website as are their docks. In addition we are talking about use of the lake which is public not private property.

I have a family member who for many years has anchored at Ragged practically every summer weekend. He said that in recent years there has been an increase in the number of anchored boats especially on Holiday weekends. He also said that many of the allegations are either overblown or just untrue. A good example is trash. He was surprised that there were complaints about LRCT staff constantly having to pick up trash on the beach. He would have seen that especially given the amount of time he spends there.
hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hemlock For This Useful Post: