View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 03:35 PM   #23
GenericG

Default ragged nwz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
I have only limited exposure to other NH lakes, Bow, Sunapee, Ossipee, Newfound and Winnisquam, and always on weekdays. I don't know what the "place to go" might be on those lakes. Seems like no destinations like town public docks or a few crowded sandbars, except the sandbar by the bridge on Winnisquam. Imagine putting a couple of 200 slot valet boat racks on any of these lakes or 50-100 slip marinas, and I bet the neighbors start screaming. I note that Sunapee and Squam have citizen groups that vigorously oppose public access. Winnipesaukee is unique and perhaps should have its own set of rules, beyond the reach of a handful of local landowners.
Just a guess, but I bet if the folks in the (proposed) NRZ's turned off their music systems they'd find the neighbors to be more friendly.

Next Tuesday is the NH primary election. Ask your (Lakes Region) candidates where they stand on NWZ and NRZ issues, or better, tell them where you stand and ask for help. There's a filing period for new legislation shortly after that and again after the November elections. Those are the times to influence your reps. It's a small window of time, so don't delay. For best influence, go hold a sign at the polls.
descant - so do i understand you correctly that the only way to oppose this proposed nrz is to contact elected officials and hold a sign at the polls? it seems as though there could be a more direct approach to speak against this proposal specifically? if so, does anyone happen to know how that works?

sorry, new to forum, not certain this will post correctly. but this is a screenshot of the approximate area that will be affected by this proposed nrz. 150 ' from shore via google maps is the entire sandbar on the east side of the island. if you ever want to anchor and enjoy this area again, this petition cannot pass.

I apologize for beating the proverbial dead horse - it just seems absurd to me that a group of landowners (upon further review of the signatures and corresponding addresses - many of whom are not even direct abutters to proposed nrz) can completely restrict access to this sandbar.

edit: totally agree with you in regards to the loud music aspect of your comment. i would be much more amenable to restrictions on music volume (or any of the other negative behaviors listed in this thread) than just completely shutting down access to ragged island sandbar. address the real issues - don't just kick the can down the road
Attached Images

Last edited by GenericG; 09-01-2022 at 03:40 PM. Reason: addition...
GenericG is offline   Reply With Quote