Thread: Wineing Butcher
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 02:14 PM   #57
Charlie T

Default What the market will pay

I love the Wineing Butcher but their current price structure is way out of line with the current market price. I consider their product to be a premium product and I"m willing to pay a little more for it. But numerous posters here have expressed great recent satisfaction with tips that they purchased locally for $6.99 to $8.99 a pound. Few in their right mind are going to pay double the going price no matter how good it is!

For what it's worth the online price of Wineing Butcher tips is 2 x 1 lb packages for $23.98. This puts the cost at $11.99 per pound. Why do they expect customers to pay an extra $3.00 per pound for the honor of picking it up fresh and at the store? It makes no sense as the labor and associated costs involved to package and ship this product far exceed those of handing it to a customer fresh from the case.

As a business person you always want to and are entitled to a fair profit. When you decide your margins need to be substantially greater than your competition it is a step on the road to business failure. I hope that doesn't happen here as the people who started the business are good folks. I'm not sure what their current interest is in the NH Stores. .
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote