View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
mas1992bc

Default Sussievalle moultonboro

Suissevale in Moultonborough is a nice community. We had a home there for 6 years. From a "lake location" standpoint, you can't beat it. The northeast side of the lake is the quietest, and the least touristy. The shared beach in Suissevale is very very nice, but it does get very crowded on summer weekends. We got into the habit of going very early in the morning to save a picnic table for the day. Parking down at the beach can get challenging especially on July 4. All in all though, it is a very nice community. The only reason we left was because we were lucky enough to get a small cottage on with water with our own dock (if you do have a choice, we MUCH prefer a VERY small home on the water with our own dock - as compared to a MUCH bigger home we had in Suissevale about 0.8 mile from the shared beach).

As for boating, as someone else mentioned, the waiting list for a dock is not even worth getting on to. It is more than 10 years long. I never even bothered. Beaching the boat during the day is allowed, and is very convenient. I kept my boat at a slip in Ambrose Cove Marina (1 mile down the road). We would bring the boat to the beach for the day, and then bring it back to the slip at night. Moultonborough bay is only a 2 minute boat ride and is plenty big enough for tubing, etc.

Meredith is about an hour long boat ride, depending on how much of a hurry you are in. Wolfeboro is a much easier ride, and only about 40 minutes (and has a public dock and great restaurants).

Lastly, young kids will LOVE the beach and playground and swimming at Suissevale. It is no hassle for them as their parents go through all the trouble of reserving picnic tables and shuttling everyone down there :-)
mas1992bc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mas1992bc For This Useful Post: