View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 10:24 AM   #11
Descant

Thanked 1,521 Times in 985 Posts
Default No trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I'd be interested to know what an average shrink wrap job is. We never bought a trailer because I didn't want to deal with loading/wrapping/trailering, but if storage is going to go up 10+% a year, it may be inevitable OR to find another marina.

I like working with MVM because it's where we bought the boat, so warranty work, history, etc. has some value, but at some point it's just simply may become an impossibility based on our incomes—I sometimes and reminded of all those camps families lost over the years because of the crazy tax increases, etc.

I'm still trying to figure out what we paid last year, though, as I think this year went up but last year may have gone up more than I remember.

I think I'll be looking at $1350 or so for storage, winterization, oil change, gear lube, etc. for my 20' 'toon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I don't have a trailer either. When I stored outside, the marina picked up the boat, put it on stands along with 75(?) others. Later a crew came along and did all the shrink wrapping. Same folks removed the plastic in the spring so it could be recycled.
At MVYC there is no charge for space in the field for winter storage. Lift fees, winterizing are all at standard rates. Rack storage last year was $1.25 sq ft, Shrink wrap was $1.60 sq ft, so rack was the better deal for some. Inside storage was $2.50 sq ft. Remember, this is a condo, not open to the general public, so your rates may vary. I don't know the 2020 rates yet.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote