View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 07:57 AM   #10
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
What's the comparison to shrink wrap? I used to shrink wrap, waiting in line for indoor storage. It's about $2-300 cheaper to shrink wrap. Haven't received a new bill yet for 20-21. For the years I did shrink wrap, no loss to the boat. I moved indoors when I got a boat with a lot of varnish. New (to me) boat this yea will likely stay outside.
I'd be interested to know what an average shrink wrap job is. We never bought a trailer because I didn't want to deal with loading/wrapping/trailering, but if storage is going to go up 10+% a year, it may be inevitable OR to find another marina.

I like working with MVM because it's where we bought the boat, so warranty work, history, etc. has some value, but at some point it's just simply may become an impossibility based on our incomes—I sometimes and reminded of all those camps families lost over the years because of the crazy tax increases, etc.

I'm still trying to figure out what we paid last year, though, as I think this year went up but last year may have gone up more than I remember.

I think I'll be looking at $1350 or so for storage, winterization, oil change, gear lube, etc. for my 20' 'toon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote