View Single Post
Old 06-13-2023, 07:42 AM   #85
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
An AWESOME show last night! Mavis sang more powerfully than than women 1/4(!) of her age, and Trombone Shorty did an amazing New Orleans-infused funk review (kind of like Prince at Mardi Gras).

But on to a more general point--the audience was great last night and loved every minute of it. But the audience was LESS THAN HALF of capacity--I've never been to a seated event with so many empty seats. This highlights the Live Nation issue to a much greater extent than outrageously priced SRO shows. If you're selling the place out, it can be argued that you're not greedy, it's just economics. But when you don't lower prices to fill unused seats, you're just a pig. Keep in mind, this is not some unknown act or inexperienced promoter
I was at the show as well, It was a tremendous performance by both artists.

$6.51 for a bottle of water will likely stick in my mind longer. not anxious to go back to that venue. I think I’ve been victim of small venue delight. There’s been some great shows at the Colonial and Opera House in Laconia. they to charge a premium for a drink, but not as severe.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote